Wednesday, June 27, 2012

no pity parties.

So I don't know about any of ya'll, but when I am walking through deserts and seasons of wilderness, the last thing I feel like doing is being strong and not just 'making it through' but pressing on and picking up the pace. No, my flesh would rather me just curl up in a ball on the floor, cover my ears like when I was little, and wait for the thunderstorm to pass. But unfortunately, that's not how it works. Yes, there are times when we are just being carried. Yet there also comes a time when enough is enough. The Lord calls us up and out of our fears, our doubts, our worries--and calls us to 'demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.' No room for pity parties. No time for sitting around waiting for problems to dissapear. We have an ENEMY, friends. An enemy who's only intention and motive is to utterly destroy us and wipe us out.
Saten can't steal our salvation--but he can sure as heck steal our joy and make us ineffective in the Kingfom of God.

We must fight. Actively seek God. Be transformed by the remewing of our minds, that we may be clear headed and sober minded when our enemy comes to wage war on us. And believe me, he won't wait for an invitation.

I'm speaking to myself here. I've been in a wasteland for a couple years now-- a season of spiritual dryness, of doubt, of anger. It's a hard place to be in, friends. But God is working even in that. When we feel like nothing is happening, God is always up to something, and at the end of the day, His faithfulnesss will remain.

I'm going to cling to that truth today.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN!!! You are right, www have an enemy who only seeks to destroy us and there is absolutely no time for Pity parties. We need to soldier on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two thumbs up!:) Great, encouraging post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very encouraging. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete